By joining the BC Co-op Association as a member, you become part of a family of social entrepreneurs who are changing the way British Columbians think about people and profits.
BC Co-op Association (BCCA) membership is open to co-operatives, credit unions, or other organizations supportive of co-operatives. Our member services are based on the BCCA’s strategic pillars, which were developed with extensive input from our members (co-op and credit union owners), stakeholders, and the co-op sector community.
We deliver tangible, quality services for members to elevate their co-op businesses and get immediate benefits from their memberships.
- We take co-op sector research and information and transform it into tangible actions for members, to increase the value of their co-ops and identify business opportunities
- Our Co-ops in Schools (CIS) program gives our members opportunities to mentor and inspire the next generation of youth co-op entrepreneurs and consumers, promote co-op thinking and make connections with educational institutions across BC
- The BCCA Knowledge Centre is filled with business and co-op education tools and guides, research, case studies and a library of resources for members to obtain knowledge and apply it within their own businesses right away
Member Support Services and Development
- BCCA’s training programs and customized services help prospective co-ops to get to launch, and support new and established co-op owners with their operational and expansion challenges
- Our co-op development support provides one-on-one guidance from experienced co-op developers to all co-ops at any stage of their co-op journey
- Our team is dedicated to serving the unique needs of our members and responding to their requests and concerns in a timely, professional manner
Communications and Promotions
- The BCCA website puts our members front and centre, with customized member profile pages, and a members promo section on the home page with scrolling member logos
- We use our monthly newsletter, events calendar and social media channels to promote our members’ news, events, or recruitment efforts
- BCCA members can request advocacy and lobbying support from the BCCA anytime to address government policy or regulatory issues; we also launch lobbying campaigns to address issues that affect the whole co-op sector
- We conduct periodic advertising campaigns to promote BC’s co-op sector to the general public, and increase demand for co-op products
- We provide various networking opportunities for members through periodic events, and at the BCCA’s annual AGM
Be Part of the Movement to Transform BC’s Economy. Become a BCCA member today.