The Canadian Worker Co-operative Federation is a national, bilingual grassroots membership organization of and for worker co-operatives, related types of co-operatives (multi-stakeholder co-ops and worker-shareholder co-ops), and organizations that support the growth and development of worker co-operatives.
Their focus includes:
- To provide leadership and a voice for worker co-ops through:
- Creating a vision and a strategy for the development of worker co-ops in Canada;
- Representing the interests of worker co-ops to the co-op sector, governments, other organizations and the public;
- Creating and maintaining adequate resources for the development of existing and new worker co-ops, both alone and in cooperation with others;
- Increasing support for, and understanding of, worker co-ops;
- Providing forums for networking between worker co-ops and support for regional and industrial actions on appropriate issues; and
- Encouraging the development of worker co-ops internationally.
- To work in solidarity with our members to achieve our Vision of a Co-operative Economy;
- To support the development of new worker co-ops;
- To strengthen the Federation, to animate the worker co-operative movement; and
- To represent and promote the Canadian worker co-op movement in Canada and internationally.
Address: 104 – 402 30 Ave NE Calgary, AB T2E 2E3