Kootenay Co-op’s mission is to serve our members and community and strengthen our local food system by providing the highest quality, local, sustainable, and organic products at reasonable prices, in a welcoming environment, with exemplary customer service. Our vision is support thriving communities with resilient food systems, where all people have access to affordable food that is healthy for our bodies, our communities, and the Earth. We are guided by the following set of values:
- We favour local and regional growers, processors, and producers who are committed to sustainable practices.
- We source organic products when feasible and available.
- We provide fair compensation and a meaningful, just work experience for all employees.
- We promote community dialogue and empowerment through education about food, health, the environment and social justice.
- We are committed to philanthropy and we support local organizations that enrich our community
- We strive to equally balance social justice, environmental stewardship, and financial responsibility.