Co-operate Now is an intensive online and in-person co-op enterprise program now in its 10th season!
The development of a co-op is an iterative process that benefits from guidance from people who understand the model, its various applications, and how this values-based ownership structure can meet the needs of our communities. The co-op development process requires regular assessment and adaptation! During the program, you will learn together with other emerging co-operators, and meet the experts and supporters who are ready to collaborate with you along the way.
Launching your co-operative enterprise and incorporation are just another beginning! You will always be working on and building your co-op as it evolves. Creating a culture of learning and growth and implementing those ideals into your co-operative are aspects which are so important to the identity and success of your co-operative.
This program brings participants into an ecosystem of training, resources and future supports.
1. Co-operate Now: Blended Learning Program June 1-29, 2023
Online Portion June 1-26, 2023 Self-paced
In-person Portion June 26-29, 2023 Vancouver, BC
2. Co-operate Now: In Your Community – Kamloops, BC Fall 2023 – Dates TBD To express interest and/or for more information, contact email@example.com
What to expect from the program:
- A grounding in the history of co-operative practice in Canada and around the world
- A deep dive into co-op principles and values, and how to integrate them into the business and governance of your co-op
- Information, resources and support on raising capital for your co-op
- Results-based approaches to marketing the co-op advantage
- Resources and tools to implement Justice, Equity, Diversity, Decolonization, and Inclusion (JEDDI) priorities in your co-op
- Engage with program content in a peer-learning setting, supported by coaches and mentors from the co-op sector across the province
- Connections to potential ongoing mentors with co-operative expertise
- Networking opportunities with the BC Co-op Association and Upper Columbia Co-op Council members and allies. Become connected with other like minded folks starting co-ops.
- Interactive and engaging workshops to populate and refine your group’s ownership and business canvasses
- Access to a host of financial and co-op development coaching supports
There are four types of groups we typically encourage to apply:
- Early Stagers: Founders of new co-ops that are in the start up phase or plan to open in the near future
- Expanders: Members of existing co-ops that are seeking to strengthen their social enterprise and deepen their understanding of the co-op model
- Converters: Owners and/or employees looking to transition their existing business or not-for-profit into a co-o
- Developers: Folks working within or with the co-op structure that are looking to deepen their understanding of the co-op model and support others in co-op development.
$500 per person (group discounts available)
BCCA will be accepting applications via the form below on an ongoing basis. Please know that this is an application, which will be reviewed upon submission, and all applicants will be contacted for a follow-up to confirm eligibility, and to discuss fees and schedules. If you have any questions, or want more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For further information, please connect with us directly via email at Co-operate Now