Co-operate Now is an intensive online and in-person co-op enterprise program.
The development of a co-op is an iterative process that benefits from guidance from people who understand the model, its various applications, and how this values-based ownership structure can meet the needs of our communities. The co-op development process requires regular assessment and adaptation! During the program, you will learn together with other emerging co-operators, and meet the experts and supporters who are ready to collaborate with you along the way.
Launching your co-operative enterprise and incorporation are just another beginning! You will always be working on and building your co-op as it evolves. Creating a culture of learning and growth and implementing those ideals into your co-operative are aspects which are so important to the identity and success of your co-operative.
This program brings participants into an ecosystem of training, resources and future supports.
Our program will help you:
- Ground yourself in the history of co-operative practice in Canada and around the world
- Dive into co-op principles and values, and how to integrate them into the business and governance of your co-op
- Receive information, resources and support on raising capital for your co-op
- Understand results-based approaches to marketing the co-op advantage
- Develop and implement Justice, Equity, Diversity, Decolonization, and Inclusion (JEDDI) priorities in your co-op
- Engage with program content in a peer-learning setting, supported by coaches and mentors from the co-op sector across the province
- Connect to potential ongoing mentors with co-operative expertise
- Network with the BC Co-op Association and Upper Columbia Co-op Council members and allies. Become connected with other like minded folks starting co-ops.
- Participate in engaging and interactive workshops to populate and refine your group’s ownership and business canvasses
- Access a host of financial and co-op development coaching supports
Four types of groups we typically encourage to apply:
Early Stagers: Founders of new co-ops that are in the start up phase or plan to open in the near future
Expanders: Members of existing co-ops that are seeking to strengthen their social enterprise and deepen their understanding of the co-op model
Converters: Owners and/or employees looking to transition their existing business or not-for-profit into a co-op
Developers: Folks working within or with the co-op structure that are looking to deepen their understanding of the co-op model and support others in co-op development.
Co-operate Now: Blended Learning Program 2024 Dates TBD
$350 per person (group discounts available)
BCCA will be accepting applications via the form below on an ongoing basis. Please know that this is an application, which will be reviewed upon submission, and all applicants will be contacted for a follow-up to confirm eligibility, and to discuss fees and schedules. If you have any questions, or want more information, please contact email@example.com for more information.
For further information, please connect with us directly via email at Co-operate Now