Since 1992, The Co-operators has administered a program of grants dedicated to emerging and expanding co-operatives. Over $2.6 million has been provided to co-operatives across Canada through this unique program.
This year the Co-operators are making up to $250,000 in grants available through the Co-operative Development Program (CDP), in support of emerging and expanding co-operatives in Canada operating in three strategic sectors.
- Social Wellness (i.e. co-ops focused on mental well-being, social care)
- Inclusive Economy (i.e. co-ops that provide financial security for their workers/members; skills/training for marginalized individuals; offering affordable consumer products)
- Environmental Prosperity (i.e. renewable energy co-ops; alternative transportation co-ops)
Applications are available upon request and can be submitted until March 31, 2021.
Who is eligible?
- Registered co-operatives in Canada (must be incorporated as a co-operative at the time of applying)
- Co-operatives who are seeking funding to help cover costs associated with co-operative business development, including feasibility studies and market research, business planning, marketing and promotion, member engagement, and legal and financial supports
Click here to learn more about the Co-operative Development Program. Should you have any questions about this program, or to request an application, please contact Greg Elliott, Senior Advisor – Sustainability & Citizenship at The Co-operators: firstname.lastname@example.org.