The recent flooding in BC has had a devastating effect on BCCA members and has caused a disruption of lives and livelihoods. Even those who are not directly affected have been impacted through the closing of transportation corridors and the disruption of supply chains. This note is meant to provide all BCCA members with information about resources available to those impacted by flooding, community information about road closures, evacuation orders and alerts, and an invitation to reach out to us if you need help.
As this is an evolving situation, the information is subject to change.
- Provincial Disaster Funding
- BC Agri-Business Disaster Recovery
- BC Economic Development Association Resources
- Evacuee Registration & Assistance
- Government of BC Evacuee Resources
- CBC Resources
- Resources for BC Agriculture Producers
- Resources for Small Businesses
- Emergency Info BC
- City of Chilliwack
- District of Hope
- City of Merritt
- Town of Princeton
- City of Abbotsford
Response from the Co-operative Sector
- Vancity has a flood response initiative through their Foundation that is matching funds raised. Funds will go to Abbotsford community foundation, First Nations partners, The Red Cross, and an organization that works with migrant workers. To donate, please click here.
- Envision Credit Union is offering plans for their members where needed, and has also donated $100,000 to the relief efforts in Abbotsford.
We send our best wishes to members as BC deals with fallout from this natural disaster. If you are struggling to connect with resources, please feel free to contact us and we will assist you in connecting to them.
If you are in the financial position to donate and help your neighbors in BC, please consider giving to the United Way to assist in the re-building efforts.