It is that time of the year again, as 2020 wraps up, many of our members may have noticed that filing your Annual Report looks a bit different this year. BCCA is here to help!
BC Registries has launched Cooperatives Online and has replaced paper report filings with an online service. You can now change your director’s info, file your Annual Report, and pay for each of these filings online via credit card using this app.
But before creating an account with Cooperative Online, you will need the following items:
- Your BC Services Card (to log in securely)
- A computer or mobile device
- Your Co-operatives Passcode (sent to you via mail in a letter from BC Registry Services)
- A credit card (to pay any fees)
- Correct, up to date information about your co-operative
Once you have these items and information, you can get started! To access the new application and complete your 2019 filings, follow these steps:
- Go to: https://www.bcregistry.ca/business/auth/home/decide-business
- On the top right of the screen, click “Create Account.”
- Select “I am a resident of BC”, and “Next.”
- Follow the instruction on the screen to set up your mobile BC Services Card, click “Get Set Up.”
- Install the BC Services Card app on your mobile device (follow the QR code displayed on the webpage)
- Open the app on your phone, and follow instructions seen on the phone screen to set up your mobile BC Services Card seen.
- Once you have completed the steps on your phone, you will have to wait for BC Services to approve your identity. When you have received the confirmation email, return to the website (linked above).
- Click “log in”, then ”BC Services Card” and select “Use a Mobile Card.”
- Have the BC Services Card app open on your mobile device, and click “pair with another device” and enter the pairing code shown on your computer screen.
- Once paired, return to the website to automatically continue. When logged in, use your cooperatives passcode listed in the letter mailed to you by BC Registry, and click your co-operatives name to begin the filing process.
Once you are set up and logged in, actually filing your reports is quite simple. The fees are as follows:
- Annual Report Filing: $30
- Registered Office Address Change: $20
- Director Change Filing: $20
- Legal Director Name Change, Director Address Change, view historical filings: Free
For FAQ’s and information surrounding the mobile services card, creating an account, etc please check out this BC Registries web page: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/government-id/bc-services-card/log-in-with-card
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to phone the Cooperative Department at BC Registries and Online Services at 1-877-526-1526 and select option 2, followed by option 3. Phones are answered from 8:30 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BC Registries will also be hosting an information session online from 3-4pm December 12 to help explain the new system and its features. If you would like to register for this session, please RSVP to BCReg.Engagement@gov.bc.ca
Lastly, you can also always reach out to the BCCA, and we can try our best to help you out as well! Email Marla Gagnier, Admin and Member Services Coordinator, email@example.com