Applications are open for round 2 of the Investment Readiness Program (IRP). Deadline to apply is October 9, 2020.
The IRP offers funding between $10,000 – $100,000 to support social purpose organizations (including non-profits, charities, co-ops, and for-profit social enterprises) to take steps towards becoming investment-ready. In the midst of COVID-19, social purpose organizations are especially critical for BC’s recovery efforts and IRP welcomes your applications to address some of BC’s biggest social, economic, cultural, and environmental challenges.
Congratulations to members of BC’s co-op community who were round one recipients!
- The Bloom Group Community Services Society: This project will support Bloom to create an organization-wide sustainable impact performance management program that is data-driven targeting corporate investment based on standardized CSR/ESG metrics.
- River Select Fisheries Cooperative: We will refresh our business plan to diversify operations beyond First Nations river-caught salmon to First Nations seafood coast-wide to expand our client base and grow our business.
- Wood Shop Workers Coop: We seek funds for business, product and marketing development in order to properly and strategically scale our organization through accessing future social impact investment.
- East End Food Co-op – Business Planning, Site Selection, development of an Investor Package, and solicitation of Investment for a new community-owned co-operative grocery store operating at scale in Vancouver.
- Brave Technology Coop – Comprehensive financial modeling, branding and impact exercise across all products and services to ensure positioning and presentation to customers and investors is perfectly aligned with mission and values.