Cooperate Now Bootcamp
BCCA continues its partnership with Vancity to offer Cooperate Now, an interactive business skills bootcamp for entrepreneurs or community members interested in building a co-op enterprise.
Are you part of a team interested in forming your own co-op? Join us this fall for our popular Co-operate Now Bootcamp – new on-line version!
Learn from co-op experts covering all the basics needed to form a co-op, including co-op structures, feasibility analysis, capitalization, governance and management, marketing, legal and risk, and member engagement. Work with dedicated coaches to help build out your team’s business plan.
Starting October 15, 2020, this year’s Co-operate Now cohort will meet weekly on-line for two hours each week for 10 weeks to learn from local co-op experts and to share their progress. Teams will be encouraged to work on their business plans throughout the week and come prepared with questions and reflections. The goal of the program is that participants leave with a draft business plan, and the knowledge, connections, and action plan for getting to incorporation.
If you are interested in Co-operate Now On-line this fall, complete the application form below no later than September 20, 2020.
What is Co-operate Now?
- A co-operative business education program now being offered online
- An opportunity to learn from co-op experts in BC
- Demonstration of the micro and macro levels of building a co-operative enterprise, and the advantages and challenges of different co-op models
Co-operate Now Benefits
We’re excited to offer all kinds of information and value to participants, including:
- An introduction to co-op enterprises
- Information about financing a co-op enterprise
- Connections to legal and financial services experts who are passionate about co-ops
- Details on marketing the co-op advantage
- Sessions with co-op entrepreneurs who can share their successes and failures
- Connections to potential mentors
- Networking opportunities with the BC Co-op Association network
- An interactive session to prepare a co-op business plan
Apply before September 20, 2020.
For more information about this year’s Cooperate Now, please email Co-operate Now