Co-operate Now – a co-op development intensive for entrepreneurs and community members ready to build a co-op enterprise.
*Scroll down for the Application Form
Are you part of a team working together to build a co-op? Join us for the next session of Co-operate Now – with 2 weeks of online learning and an in-person intensive in Nelson BC, September 26-29th!
Come together with other emerging co-operators and instructors from across the province for this four-day cohort-focused training program.
Learn from peers and co-op experts about all the basics and nuances of forming a co-op, including co-op structures, group development, feasibility analysis, capitalization, governance, marketing the co-op advantage, legal and risk, and member engagement. Co-operate Now is happy to announce a new partnership with Groundswell Alternative Business School for the upcoming cohort. The Groundswell team will introduce their personal-systemic-collective praxis of social change to the Co-operate Now program, providing tools and perspectives to support us in reimagining how we work collectively within co-operatives and create change.
Work with dedicated coaches to help build out your team’s business and ownership canvases!
WHAT IS CO-OPERATE NOW?
- A blended learning model that includes:
- 2 weeks of self-paced online learning and pre-work
- Interactive, intensive in-person sessions in Nelson, BC from Sept 26-29th.
- An opportunity to learn with seasoned co-op experts and peers on the co-op development path
- The go-to co-op enterprise training program, now in its 10th season!
- View the Program-at-a-Glance
CO-OPERATE NOW BENEFITS
One of the only blended learning training programs of its kind, Co-operate Now provides:
- An introduction to co-op enterprises
- An exploration of our relationship to work, and putting our values into co-operative ventures.
- Information and resources to finance your co-op enterprise
- Connections to legal and financial services experts who are passionate about co-ops
- Details and perspectives on how to best market the co-op advantage
- Resources and tools to implement JEDI priorities in your co-op
- Sessions with co-op entrepreneurs to support peer and cohort learning
- Connections to potential mentors
- Networking opportunities with the BC Co-op Association and Upper Columbia Co-op Council members and allies
- Interactive and engaging in person sessions to work through your groups ownership and business canvasses
- Access to a host of financial and co-op development coaching supports.
BCCA will be accepting applications via the form below on an ongoing basis. Please know that this is an application, which will be reviewed upon submission, and all applicants will be contacted for a follow-up to confirm eligibility, and to discuss fees and schedules. If you have any questions, or want more information, please contact Marla – firstname.lastname@example.org – for more information. Please note that applications received before September 9 will be given priority.