Experience a better way to bank.
Switch your paycheque direct deposits to a BC credit union today and get $200*!
The BCCA has partnered with Credit Unions of BC to offer individuals a $200 cash card for switching from a bank to a credit union for their paycheque direct deposits.
Individuals who live and work in BC who have added paycheque direct deposit to their new credit union accounts can get their $200 cash card by emailing the Credit Unions of BC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For BCCA Members
If requested by a BCCA co-op member, Credit Unions of BC will hold an orientation session, either in person or through a conference call, for the co-op’s employees who want to take advantage of the $200 incentive.
Cash cards will be provided to the co-operative to distribute to its employees who make the switch. Credit Unions of BC will even add the co-op’s logo to their cash cards!
Why Join a Credit Union?
- Just like any co-operative, credit unions are member owned
- Every credit union member is required to purchase a share (usually $5) which provides him/her with an equal vote, equal share and equal say
First Class Service
- Each credit union member is entitled to the very best – including the best rates, perks and offers available
- Credit unions treat all their members equally, so members never have to wonder if they’re getting the best offers possible
- Credit unions regularly receive accolades and service excellence awards for member satisfaction
- When credit unions profit, they give the proceeds back to their members and the community at large
- Members benefit either through dividends or free products and services, while the community benefits from scholarships, sponsorships, and charitable giving
- Credit union deposits are protected and guaranteed by the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (CUDIC).
It’s simple to join a BC Credit Union
- Visit https://creditunionsofbc.com/find-your-branch to find a credit union near you
- Open a new credit union account and add paycheque direct deposit
- If you’re employed by a BCCA co-op member and you received a cash card, visit your nearest credit union branch and give them the card
- Receive $200 in your account once paycheque direct deposit has been confirmed
*You must add payroll direct deposit to your new credit union account to receive the $200 incentive.