The purpose of Crawford Bay Commons Cooperative Association is to
- Meet members common economic, social, and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly-owned and democratically controlled enterprise that incorporates the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for the land and all that depend on it.
- Provide access to land and land-based services to a community of members.
- Acquire and manage lands and properties in a creative and sustainable manner.
- Share land ownership and stewardship and facilitate a variety of land-based projects to benefit the members.
- Study, follow, demonstrate, promote, and expand upon the values of self-help, self-responsibility, direct democracy, equality, equity, and solidarity guided by the seven principles of cooperation established by the International Cooperative Alliance in 1995.