Marketing and Value Addition Officer
Location – Peru
This internship will be based in Piura, Peru
NORANDINO was created on November 26, 2005 in Lamas (Department of San Martin, Peru), and has its headquarters in Piura city. It is registered in the Public Registrations as the Cooperative of Multiple Services Norandino Ltda. NORANDINO is comprised of three organizations in the north of Peru: the Central Piurana of Coffee, CEPICAFE (Piura), the Central of Coffee Producers of the Northern Border, CENFROCAFE and SOL Y CAFE (in Cajamarca). In this initiative there are around 7000 small producers involved. The main objective of CO-OP NORANDINO is to strengthen the business aspects of the three organizations partners, and this way to contribute to the improvement of its members’ living conditions.
With this project, Norandino and Cepicafe will improve the productive capacity of the processing plants of the granulated panela, coffee, marmalades and chips, as well as develop local markets with the supply of new products and economical initiatives with NORANDINO’s women members. The capacity of women and youth, members of NORANDINO, will be increased through training in the processing of banana, because banana will be used to make chips in order to help them generate commercial initiatives that will increase their income and improve their living conditions.
The marketing and value addition officer will report directly to the Manager.
Specifically he/she will carry out the following:
- Act as first line support and advice for staff of NORANDINO on l brand and marketing activities.
- Undertake market research for selected value chains (granulated panela, coffee, marmalades and chips) and guide coops invest in feasible value addition initiatives.
- Developing and supporting market research initiatives into new markets, products and membership recruitment drive.
- Preparing reports on marketing programs and activities.
- Writing, editing and proof reading of different English documents from NORANDINO to different stake holders. e.g., donors and other partners.
- Provde support with finance and accounting if/when needed.
- Provide administrative assistance when needed.
- Support the development of initiatives to promote women participation in value addition and marketing.
- Contribute to English language training for staff.
10. Other duties as assigned.
The Value-Addition Officer will need to have the following qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing and/or Business Administration.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Formal computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Functional ability to work in Spanish.
- Understanding of co-operatives or member-based business enterprises.
- Knowledge of agriculture cooperative development.
- Ability to communicate and effectively interact with people of different cultures.
- Strong and confident communicator.
- Excellent copywriting skills and experience.
10. Able to work in a team.
11. Can work in dynamic situations and is able to be flexible and adapt to change.
12. Takes initiative, set goals, and manage time independently, while seeking guidance and direction from your manager.
IYIP Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the international Youth Internship Program, an intern must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Be a post-secondary graduate.
- Be out of school.
- Ability to live and work outside Canada for a minimum of 6 months.