Cooperate Now Bootcamp
For the fourth year in a row, BCCA has partnered with Vancity and more than a dozen BC co-ops and credit unions in BC to launch Cooperate Now, an interactive business skills bootcamp for entrepreneurs or community members interested in building a co-op enterprise.
- We are soon accepting applications for the next Cooperate Now program, which will be held April 12th to 15th, 2018 in Vancouver, BC.
- Bursaries may be available for individuals who need financial assistance to attend.
We will soon be accepting applications for the next Cooperate Now program, which will be held April 12th to 15th, 2018 in Vancouver, BC.
What is Cooperate Now?
- A four-day intensive co-operative business education program
- Through interactive sessions, students connect with leaders from the vibrant co-operative sector in BC, including the BC Co-op Association, Vancity Credit Union, Mountain Equipment Co-op, the Co-operators Insurance Agencies, CCEC Credit Union, the BC Libraries Co-op, Modo, and many others
- Leaders take participants through the micro and macro levels of building a co-operative enterprise, and the advantages and challenges of different co-op models
Cooperate Now Benefits
We’re excited to offer all kinds of information and value to participants, including:
- An introduction to co-op enterprises
- Information about financing a co-op enterprise
- Connections to legal and financial services experts who are passionate about co-ops
- Details on marketing the co-op advantage
- Sessions with co-op entrepreneurs who can share their successes and failures
- Connections to potential mentors
- Networking opportunities with the BC Co-op Association network
- An interactive session to prepare a co-op business plan
For more information about this year’s Cooperate Now, please email firstname.lastname@example.org