Cooperate Now Bootcamp
For the third year in a row, BCCA has partnered with Vancity and more than a dozen BC co-ops and credit unions in BC to launch Cooperate Now, an interactive business skills bootcamp for entrepreneurs or community members interested in building a co-op enterprise.
The November 2017 offering of Cooperate Now is at capacity. Applications are still being taken for a waitlist and future editions of the program.
- We are now accepting applications for the next Cooperate Now program, which will be held November 16th to 19th, 2017 in Vancouver, BC.
- The cost to attend Cooperate Now is $250.
- Bursaries are available for individuals who need financial assistance to attend. See application for details.
We will soon be accepting applications for the next Cooperate Now program, which will be held November 16th to 19th, 2017 in Vancouver, BC. The Thursday evening will be held at the BCCA office at #503 – 535 Thurlow Street, in Vancouver, while the Friday, Saturday & Sunday will be hosted by the Cooperative Housing Federation of BC at Suite 220, 1651 Commercial Drive, Vancouver (upstairs in Il Mercato).
What is Cooperate Now?
- A four-day intensive co-operative business education program
- Through interactive sessions, students connect with leaders from the vibrant co-operative sector in BC, including the BC Co-op Association, Vancity Credit Union, Mountain Equipment Co-op, the Co-operators Insurance Agencies, CCEC Credit Union, the BC Libraries Co-op, Modo, and many others
- Leaders take participants through the micro and macro levels of building a co-operative enterprise, and the advantages and challenges of different co-op models
Cooperate Now Benefits
We’re excited to offer all kinds of information and value to participants, including:
- An introduction to co-op enterprises
- Information about financing a co-op enterprise
- Connections to legal and financial services experts who are passionate about co-ops
- Details on marketing the co-op advantage
- Sessions with co-op entrepreneurs who can share their successes and failures
- Connections to potential mentors
- Networking opportunities with the BC Co-op Association network
- An interactive session to prepare a co-op business plan
For more information about this year’s Cooperate Now, please email email@example.com