Going from incubating a co-op idea to incorporating a new co-op can be a monumental journey, with many challenges along the way. We offer high-quality consulting services to groups developing a co-op, to support them through this intense process.
Our comprehensive Cultivating Co-ops Guide is the first step in the co-op journey. The guide answers most of the questions new co-op development groups may have, and walks them through various evaluations, checklists and templates.
Once a group has worked through the guide (which can take several months) and has demonstrated serious intent to continue developing their co-op idea, we evaluate their progress to ensure they’re ready for the next steps.
If they are, the BCCA offers FREE introductory consulting services for them to continue developing their co-op, which can include:
- Legal advice to begin the incorporation process
- Help with applications for co-op funding or grants
- Business consulting to finalize a business plan
- Any other consulting services…
BCCA Consulting Service Benefits
- We introduce groups to our exclusive list of experienced and specialized co-op development professionals, whom groups may not be able to find on their own.
- With a referral from the BCCA, groups receive priority access to services, which they may be waiting weeks or months for if they were to contact our co-op development professionals directly.
- The BCCA covers the cost for groups to receive one to two hours of free consultation time (usually billed at $100 to $150 per hour).
Once the introductory consultation ends, groups take over the relationship and are responsible for engaging their consultant and paying for their time. Our team of co-op development professionals are passionate about getting new co-ops up and running, and offer exceptional value at fair prices.