Mentors and Partners
BC co-operatives, credit unions and stakeholder organizations play critical roles in the Co-ops in Schools (CIS) Program.
Your engagement in our program helps guide the co-op knowledge, career development and membership habits of post-secondary and high school students, and also raises awareness of BC’s co-op sector amongst their family members.
- Enrich your employee’s professional development through skills such as mentoring, presentation and outreach, and increase their co-op knowledge
- Create a “brand” that can complement or form the basis of your youth engagement strategy
- Increase your understanding of the issues, concerns, and approaches of the millennial generation
- Provide access to talent for staff, internship, committee and board positions
- Foster regional community economic development, and encourage new start-ups
- Financially support the CIS program in one or more mutually-negotiated regions
- Provide the program’s mentors, who are then matched with engaged post-secondary students on a one-on-one basis
- May be a single co-op or credit union, or a consortium of co-ops in a region; regions are determined based on sponsor requests, availability, and proximity to post secondary institutions and high schools
- Are professionals employed by the sponsoring co-op or credit union organization
- Serve as role models and advocates to their mentees
- Must meet with their mentees at least once a month in person or by phone, Skype or email
- Participate in CIS events
- Receive coaching, support and resources from the BCCA, including a mentorship handbook, to ensure a successful mentor/mentee relationship
- Are co-ops, credit unions and stakeholder organizations that support aspects of the CIS Program through cash or in-kind contributions
- May host a co-op crawl or other CIS event, provide judges for the Case Co-opetition Challenge or Co-op Business Plan Challenge, contribute cash or prizes for Co-op Clubs and award recipients, contribute a case study, or be available as a Co-op Expert
Learn more about participating in the Co-ops in Schools (CIS) program.
Sponsors, Schools & Regions
Explore our sponsors, schools and regions from the CIS program’s 2015-2016 year.
For more information, contact Katherine Levett BCCA Program Manager
Phone: 604.662.3906 ex. 4 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org