Devco supports and develops Canadian co-operatives. We enable you to contribute to your community’s vitality using co-operative models. We see Co-operation as a framework for transforming social, economic and environmental activity so that communities are at the center rather than on the margins.
Devco provides the information and guidance co-ops need to get the best possible start on the road to sustainability. We also assist older co-ops to achieve their goals more effectively. Our training enables Community Economic Development practitioners to become excellent co-op developers. Devco designs and implements complete development for co-op projects.
We provide consultation and training on all aspects of co-op development. From initial market research and financial planning through to incorporation, launch and operations, we work with your board and members to create and maintain a successful co-op.
Some of our services include:
- Providing initial consultation to groups or individuals who have an idea for a co-op
- Preparing business plans in consultation with co-op steering committees
- Facilitating strategic and business planning
- Assisting potential members with the design and implementation of their complete co-op development plans
- Guiding change management for existing co-ops
- Providing organizational training to build group capacity for co-op implementation and management
- Delivering follow-up evaluation and assistance for groups that have launched their co-op
Devco also offers training programs and other curricula for staff of economic and community development organizations.