Food Safety Systems Implementation (Processor) Program: An opportunity to evolve your food processing business!
Food processors are well aware of the growing demand for regional food products. These new opportunities, including the potential for sales in retail stores, may demand a new level of food safety requirements. Don’t miss the opportunity to grow your business into this emerging marketplace. We invite food processors to attend an introductory food safety workshop to learn basic food safety for food manufacturing using food safety systems such as GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point). What’s more, the workshops offer a great opportunity to network.
Upcoming Food Safety Planning Workshops in BC (registration fee $20, includes lunch and coffee breaks)
• Thursday, October 29 – Creston (Columbia Brewery, 1220 Erickson Street, Creston)
• Friday, November 6 – Vernon (Community Futures, 3105 33rd Street, Vernon)
• Friday, November 13 – 100 Mile House (100 Mile United Church, 169 Dogwood Avenue, 100 Mile House)
• Friday, November 20 – Burnaby (Room 104, Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, 6450 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby)
• Thursday, November 26 – Victoria (Room 123, Campus Centre, Camosun College Interurban Campus, 4461 Interurban Road, Victoria)
• Friday, November 27 – Nanaimo (Community Futures, 420 Albert Street, Nanaimo)
• Friday, November 27 – Nelson (Community Futures, 201-514 Vernon Street, Nelson) – video conference
• Thursday, December 3 – Kamloops (to be confirmed)
• Friday, December 11 – Abbotsford (Edenvale Conference Centre, 4330 Bradner Road, Abbotsford)
• Friday, January 8 – Burnaby (Room 104, Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, 6450 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby)
• Friday, January 22 – Abbotsford (Cascade Culinary Arts School, 35190 Delair Road, Abbotsford)
Visit www.ssfpa.net/foodsafety for information on the workshops and the Food Safety Systems (Processor ) Program.
For workshop information and registration, contact:
FSSI (Processor ) Outreach Coordinator
Toll Free 1-866-619-7372
For information on the FSSI (Processor) Program, contact:
FSSI (Processor) Program Manager
Toll Free 1-866-473-7372
The purpose of the FSSI (Processor) Program is to offer education and funding for processors across British Columbia to develop food safety plans. The program delivers educational workshops, one on one consultations and funding to eligible food processors to implement GMP and/or HACCP plans. The Small Scale Food Processor Association (SSFPA) is pleased to deliver this program in support of British Columbia food processors (www.ssfpa.net/foodsafety).
Growing Forward, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative.