Canadian Co-operative Association (CCA) has won the 2013 DotCoop Global Award

| Community |

The Canadian Co-operative Association (CCA) has won the 2013 DotCoop Global Award for Co-operative Excellence in the co-operative organization category.   The award, which was presented at the ICA conference in Cape Town, recognizes co-operatives around the world for their commitment to co-operative values and principles, with a particular emphasis on web communications.  In 2011, CCA received an … Continued

Plunkett Foundation awarded ICA’s Rochdale Pioneer award

| Community |

On Tuesday, in Cape Town, the international co-operative movement concluded Congress, held once every two years, with the award of the Rochdale Pioneers Award. This is the highest honour that it can bestow and is given for “making the greatest difference to co-operatives in the world.” All thirteen previous laureates have been outstanding individuals. In … Continued

Association for Nonprofit and Social Economy Research – Call for Papers

| Community |

Association for Nonprofit and Social Economy Research (ANSER) CALL FOR PAPERS ANSER/ARES 2014 CONFERENCE Nonprofits and the Social Economy, Pursuing Borders without Boundaries   Seventh Annual Conference May 28-30, 2014 Brock University   ANSER/ARES is a dynamic growing association that is organizing its seventh annual conference as part of the Congress of the Humanities and … Continued

Report on Co-op Week

| Community |

Dear Friends, Last week was Co-op week in Canada. Co-operators had the chance to gather, reflect and celebrate across our great country. Below you will find a few paragraphs written in my ongoing effort to keep you updated of my work on the Co-op file. In addition to my short report below, I would like … Continued

What Does CED Mean to You? Show Us!

| Community |

CCEDNet is preparing a ‘What is CED’ video for our website and social media, and we want to hear from you!   Our dynamic members are leading innovative community change efforts in every corner of the country – beautiful stories just waiting to be told.  Send us a photo illustrating CED in action or what … Continued

Globe and Mail special report on co-operatives

| Community |

Happy Co-op Week!   If you didn’t have a chance to see the special report on co-operatives in yesterday’s Globe and Mail Report on Business,belowis the link to the .pdf version.   Feel free to circulate this to your board members, staff, politicians and anyone else you think might be interested.  The Globe … Continued

Help Celebrate Co-op Week 2013!

| Community |

Dear Friends, Did you know that 18 million Canadians are members of at least one of the 9,000 plus co-operatives across this country? In fact, many members themselves might not even realize that they belong to one. I am hoping that we can help change this during Co-op Week in Canada, which runs from October … Continued

Living the New Economy 2013!

| Community |

The word ‘economy’ comes from the greek words Oikos and nomos – which, co-joined, became oikonomia, meaning ‘household management’. While we often hear references to maximizing profit and wealth in the context of “the economy”, originally the term was more grounded. It was about living within ones means, or about parsimony and thrift. In a … Continued

Intern in Peru sought by CCA

| Community |

NORANDINO Marketing and Value Addition Officer   Location – Peru This internship will be based in Piura, Peru   Partner NORANDINO was created on November 26, 2005 in Lamas (Department of San Martin, Peru), and has its headquarters in Piura city. It is registered in the Public Registrations as the Cooperative of Multiple Services Norandino … Continued

New Canadian Co-operative Association blog

| Community |

The Canadian Co-operative Association has a new blog on the Huffington Post: to read more, please follow the link; http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/canadian-cooperative-association/meet-coop-members-in-nort_b_4045403.html